dear self-satisfied heavy lifters of tumblr,
*disclaimer: this is not directed at any single person, or at the lifting fitlbr community in general (because seriously, most of you are awesome and i really envy you). this is directed only at the minority of lifters who feel the need to constantly rail on about how awesome and badass they are in comparison to us ~wimpy cardio lovers.
there has been a lot of this talk around my dash lately, so hi. nice to see you. i’m glad you’ve found a workout that works for you, and i’m glad it’s one as badass as heavy lifting! but i hear you talk a lot about how you’re superior to wimps like me, who go to the gym to get their cardio done. i think you call us.. what is it, cardio bunnies? fluffy and wimpy, am i right?
you’re right. i am a cardio bunny. and i’m proud of it. i work 40 hours a week to be able to support myself. sometimes i barely have the energy to drag myself out of bed, let alone go to the gym, but i do it anyway! sometimes i’m only able to go for a half hour early in the morning before dragging myself to work.
and when i go, yep, i hop on the treadmill. i hop on the treadmill right next to a bunch of fitness goddess gazelles who float at 234234 mph with ease on their treadmills.
and i plod along. my ass jiggles. i have to stop and walk and pant and guzzle water and turn bright red as a tomato, and it’s hard. maybe not for you, but for me. and for a lot of us. but we still do it.
sure, i might not be able to brag about how i am not afraid to be the only girl lifting in the big, scary weight area with all the boys, but luckily for me, my sense of pride does not depend on smirking in the middle of a room full of sweaty beefy men and thinking, “wow they must think i’m such a badass!” and then going home to tumble about it some more.
my sense of pride comes from doing my best and pushing myself the way that i am able to do, and nothing is more upsetting than coming online to a community that is supposed to be supportive of each other and find that other people feel the need to look down on people who are at a different stage in their fitness journey than they are.
can the fitblr community go back to being a nonjudgmental one, please?
i’ll run, you lift, and we can all live heathily ever after.
a ~*cardio bunny*~
- prosvetiti likes this
- picture-me-skinny likes this
- hungry-kids likes this
- getting-fit-one-step-at-atime likes this
- obliviate-enervate likes this
- abspirations reblogged this from arthlete and added:
- weigh120by20 likes this
- delivermepeace likes this
- odsara reblogged this from skinnifer
- skinnifer reblogged this from arthlete
- fitandhealthlove reblogged this from arthlete
- rosadelc likes this
- thejourneytofinallybeingme likes this
- doingbetternow likes this
- goodbyepatricia likes this
- itty-bitty-fitbie reblogged this from arthlete
- phosphorescentt reblogged this from arthlete
- 200togo reblogged this from arthlete and added:
- gablargh likes this
- aprkt reblogged this from arthlete
- grey-mermaid likes this
- thehealthyarabgirl reblogged this from arthlete
- euro-fitblr reblogged this from fitify
- sixteenandsvelte reblogged this from fatgirlmemories
- julissab likes this
- runningellie likes this
- fatgirlmemories reblogged this from fitify and added:
- lefox-77 likes this
- battlingperfection likes this
- amandagetsfit reblogged this from fitify
- aplacemeantforyou reblogged this from thismakesmedurable
- thismakesmedurable reblogged this from eeriehowls
- thismakesmedurable likes this
- eeriehowls reblogged this from arthlete
- eeriehowls likes this
- thepositivelifeofarunner reblogged this from fitify
- flatabsandthighgaps likes this
- fightthefat reblogged this from fitify
- kinkypixie likes this
- inspiredx reblogged this from arthlete
- ded1cati0n reblogged this from arthlete
- misfitwayoflife reblogged this from arthlete
- love--lindsay reblogged this from arthlete
- get-healthy-girl likes this
- cr3aturesofhab1t likes this