The 40 Calorie Flour Tortilla
I made some home made guacamole to go with these. They’re pretty easy to make and delicious!
In terms of cost, I’m not sure as I’ve never bought tortillas from the store… But I imagine they do not cost 1 cent per tortilla. Nutritionally, 1 Flour Mission Tortilla is 150 calories… These are about a FOURTH of that. :)
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- .5 oz Water
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1/8 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Servings: Creates 2 Tortillas (1 Tortilla = 1 Serving)
- Calories Per Serving: 41.25 cal
- Fat (g) per Serving: 0.00 g
- Carbs (g) per Serving: 8.63 g
- Protein (g) per Serving: 1.13 g
- Sodium: 32.50 mg
Cost Per Serving is $0.01.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix. Dough should combine in to a single ball. If this doesn’t happen, add a little more water incrementally until it does.
- Cover the dough with a wet towel or cloth for ~15 minutes.
- Split dough into two balls. Roll into round shapes.
- Flour the counter.
- Take each ball and roll out into a very flat circle.
- Take each circle and place onto an ungreased skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until tortilla starts to show brown spots.
NOTE: All content in this blog is original and includes images, nutritional information and recipe costs for each post.